Class Etiquette & What to Bring
Before you arrive
- Wear comfortable, layered clothing and bring a small towel and water to drink.
- Bring a yoga or non-slip exercise mat (we have mats you can borrow if needed).
- Refrain from wearing any strong scents such as lotions, perfumes, or hairspray.
- Yoga is best practiced on an empty stomach. Do not eat a heavy meal within 2 hours of class.
When you arrive
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to the class start time to check-in and get settled.
- If you reserve a spot in a class online, you still need to check in at the front desk upon arrival.
- We have storage cubbies for personal belongings. Please leave valuables home or locked in your car.
- Notify instructor of all special conditions (e.g. pregnancy) and injuries.
- Please turn off or mute cell phones and refrain from bringing them into the studio.
- Please remove shoes before entering the studio; yoga & Pilates are practiced in bare feet.
- Listen to your body, challenge when able, and rest when needed.
- Please honor your body’s perception of pain. Pain is a gift; it tells us that some problem has developed. There are always modifications in yoga and Pilates to circumvent this.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water before, during, and after class.
- Do not enter or leave the studio during savasana/final relaxation. If you need to leave early, please depart before relaxation so as not to disturb other students in class.
- Please feel free to bring questions, comments or concerns to your instructor.
- We appreciate your feedback & look forward to see you again soon!